Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest retail chain of rural lifestyle products in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our team members’ commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,700 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with revenues of $7 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live “Life out Here”!
This position is responsible for direction and oversight of all operational and financial aspects of a district.
1. Drive Sales and Profits:
• Challenging Store Teams to drive top line sales, margin, and deliver district metrics.
• Partner with SSC and Store Managers to develop solutions for business related issues and opportunities.
• Verify the execution of merchandising initiatives.
• Ensure effective expense control, labor spend, and Profit/Loss management.
• Protect company assets and help stores reduce shrink by adhering to loss prevention standards.
2. Build the team:
• Recruit and hire Store Managers.
• Support store level hiring/staffing decisions and retention.
• Verify and participate in training, development, and coaching.
• Build and maintain an effective succession plan for the district.
• Write and deliver Store Manager performance reviews and counseling. Also provide input on performance reviews for store Team Members.
• Maintain a safe and productive work environment.
3. Lead execution of company standards:
• Evaluate and grade store presentation standards and processes.
• Protect the brand-identify building maintenance issues, both structural and aesthetic including safety concerns.
• Ensure compliance to inventory management and freight movement processes.
• Validate pricing accuracy, conveyance, and promotional activities.
• Verify Loss Prevention and procedural audit compliance.
• Support continuous improvement activities throughout the organization.
4. Goal setting and promoting customer loyalty:
i. Greet the Customer
ii. Uncover the Customers’ needs
iii. Recommend products
iv. Ask for the Sale
• Handle and resolve customer complaints/issue, assure customer leaves store having had a positive shopping experience.
• Analyze reporting to identify and overcome customer satisfaction opportunities.
• Observe and coach customer engagement.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years retail leadership experience required. Multi-unit retail store management experience preferred.
Education: High school diploma or the equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred.
Professional Certifications: None
Other knowledge, skills or abilities: